2 January 2012

HERE I AM AGAIN

Well it took a follower to kick me into starting my blog again. I'm surprised I still have any followers as I've not posted since May 2011, thats a whole eight months without posting! Why is that, you must be asking yourselves....?

I told you before about losing my job back in October 2010, which was a huge blow and still has the power to upset me if I allow it to. There followed a temporary job with the Mental Health Trust, which I did hope would become permanent, but that wasn't to be. Then I was offered what sounded like a perfect job which would use all my skills and experience - with a warehousing and logistics firm. Oh boy was that a mistake! I have never hated a job so much as that one folks; to say it was stressful doesn't even begin to describe my experiences there, which are probably better left unshared in a public place. I prayed and prayed for a better job which would help pay the bills and give me back some self-respect. THEN, the perfect job came my way. I happened to see it on a jobs website and decided to apply through the agency they were using. They interviewed me among dozens of other people and offered ME the job! Wow, what a difference, I am so much more settled now, having been there five months and really enjoying the work and the environment, being in the city centre right in the Cathedral Quarter, which is a lovely area of Derby to be working in. The downside is that I have far less time to myself, much fewer holidays, and consequently have to be a little more careful with my spare time, of which there is not so much. So, unfortunately, blogging is one of the activities which had to take a back seat, together with craft fairs and quite a bit of my sewing.

Then there is the family of course.  Things haven't gone smoothly this year for any of us and I hope that 2012 will be a turning point in that respect. 

Christmas was a good one,  I received an iPod Touch from Hubby and Daughter which has already given me endless hours of fun - I just love gadgets!  I've found I can even download my blog onto it using any WiFi that happens to be available so maybe that will encourage me to get started again!  I also finished a quilt I had started after many months of no sewing.  It's for someone special so ssssh, don't give away the secret!  Here it is:



It was made from nearly all my scraps, surprising the amount of green I seemed to have!  I didn't have time to hand quilt so I machine quilted it, which I don't think always gives the best finish (not when I do it, anyway) but I think the intended recipient will like it...



So that's kick-started my quilting again and my next project is going to be cushions to replace all the ones in my sitting room, which have been nibbled by the rabbit...

One of the highlights of 2012, if not THE highlight, is that our daughter and her fiance are going to be married.  The dress is chosen, the Mother of the Bride outfit is chosen and the reception is organised.  We are ahead of the game, for now anyway!  For those of you who know what has gone before, you will know what it all means to us.

Other 'projects' for 2012 include:
  • A new garden shed and extended vegetable patch to make better use of space and sunlight
  • Rearranging the annexe so that we can rent it out when Emily leaves in August
  • Changing our car, or even getting rid of it altogether.  If you know someone who wants an old Volvo 940 which runs like a dream let them know...
Well the sun is shining here and hubby has promised to take me out somewhere - so I'll leave it at that and hope that this small post will enourage you to keep following.  Happy New Year.










10 comments:

  1. me again-great to see you back and your life back on track. I went awol for most of the year too due to life in general. Here's hoping 2012 is a great one for us all cheers Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jenny,
    Actually you gained a follower. I have only been blogging for a couple of weeks so just feeling my way around. Sorry that your past year as not been so happy but I hope this year is all you could wish for. I also really hope you keep blogging 'cos I will be following!
    Cath :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And about time too. Like the quilt, it's very colourful. Don't take too long in doing another post, !!!!We will be watching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jenny, well that was a lovely read, I hope your job continues to give satisfaction and that your daughter has a wonderful wedding day, we have just been through that and loved every minute, keep blogging, I know sometimes you feel ther is'nt time but it is lovely to speak to your blogging friends. I love the quilt, I love scrap quilts I think they are my favourites.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps this is the virtual 'kick' I need too!!
    All the very best for 2012
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Jenny!
    I hope you find time to blog occasionally and I'm glad things are looking up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny it's great to hear from you again. Such a positive post too.
    Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are back...missed your blogs. I hope the New Year is an especially good one..you deserve it..cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job with the post! Its a good thing that you are back.
    www.studyart.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I promise to reply!