15 September 2010

Book Review, New Bags, Scrap Delights

Anyone interested in my review of The Bag Making Bible can read it here.  I've also posted about some lovely new bags here.

A friend very kindly gave me a big bag of 'old clothes' yesterday, which I spent all evening cutting up and ironing and am left with this lovely little stash, which also includes some 'gifts' from other friends, some clothes my daughter has discarded and even a piece of ironing board cover!  I love recycling!!


My next challenge is to think of something to do with all this fabric...any ideas ladies?  I thought of adding it to my hexagon quilt but I really want to get a border on that and finish it off - it's plenty big enough for what I intended and I've already put some of these fabrics into it.  Quite truthfully, I'm a bit disappointed in how it has turned out, I think I should have planned it better before I started.  I've been tempted to take it all apart and start again but can't see that happening somehow :-)



I'm also going to begin on a 'new' quilt at last.  I've decided on the design and I have all the fabric - just need to actually find time to begin now!  The design is based on different sizes and variations of Ohio Star, one of my favourite blocks.  Can't wait to get started now!  I'll be posting as I go along.

There's a definite nip of autumn in the air here now, I love this time of year when the trees start to turn golden and there's dew on the ground in the mornings.  Hopefully it will be a fine and sunny season this year.

1 comment:

  1. I used a pattern from Bonnie Hunters site for my recycled shirts.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I promise to reply!