6 September 2010

BAGS OF EXCITEMENT!

Woooohoooo!! I'm really excited to have been chosen to review Lisa Lam's new book 'The Bag Making Bible' and my copy arrived in the post this morning.  I met Lisa at the Festival of Quilts in August at the NEC while she was signing copies of the book and was really impressed with it.  I am really going to enjoy working my way through some of the patterns.

I made this bag at the weekend from one of Lisa's free patterns on her great blog U-handblog and I really liked using proper handles, rather than the fabric ones I normally use.  I also put bag feet on this one and made it with a firm bottom.  The bag sides use two layers of interfacing and a layer of interlining, so they are very firm.  Lisa also sells all the necessary equipment for bag making on her website, which is a fantastic resource.


This bag is from a pattern by Lula Louise, I've made a few using this particular pattern and still really enjoy making them and ringing the changes with a few different embellishments.  This one is in a lovely linen fabric with my own applique design on the front and the addition of an inside pocket.


My poor little girl went down to Cornwall this week for a short camping holiday.  They arrived on Sunday morning, the weather was not too bad.  Overnight however it rained very heavily, their tent leaked and EVERYTHING in it got really wet through.  Consequently they are driving back today because the weather is forecast to be heavy rain all week and their tent is obviously not up to the job.  It is a real shame because she wanted to stay on the campsite where we spent ten years' happy summer family holidays - albeit lots of wet ones!

5 comments:

  1. your bags are cute...can't wait to see what you make next

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new book! Have fun :) Love your first bag..very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reviewing is ace fun isn't it? Such a shame about the camping trip, it's no fun when it all goes soggy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lurve those baggies. :-)
    I do hope everyone has dried out after the washout camping trip.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I promise to reply!