20 May 2010

Folded Flowers


I do so love making these little chaps, I can sit for hours folding, pinning and sewing, choosing just the right button or making a self-covered one to go in the centre.  These particular ones are made with 100% cotton top quality curtain lining, starched well before I start.  I have lining in lots of different colours so I plan to continue this theme for a while.  They are all about 3 - 3½ inches across so they make a striking corsage for a lapel or even a hair ornament.

9 comments:

  1. These flowers look as if hands have never touched them , they are lovely
    I,ve made the front of a bag with flowers on like the cushion you are showing---cottonreel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers look really great. You make such a good job of them. where did you learn to make them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,the flowers are gorgeous,Jenny. How about a tute?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they are so pretty, so neat and perfect, very clever! Thanks for joining in the blog hop again! Lois x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Please post a tutorial! I'm following you via the blog hop - please follow me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining the Blog Hope again.
    Love those little buttons, they are gorgeous.

    Ali @ http://www.plansandpresents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous things> I like your blog
    Following you via BLOG HOP/Wednesday Woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, thanks for joining in the Women Wednesday Blog Hop again, make sure you check back tomorrow to see if you have been picked for next weeks blog feature! We really appreciate the support and hope you are benefiting by getting new followers and finding lots of great blogs!
    C|C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super idea and I'm sending a link to my daughter now as she's fascinated by everything handmade.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I promise to reply!