18 April 2010

WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE HOLIDAYS?

Well I spent the first week and a half looking after a very poorly husband and doing a little sewing in between providing him with trays of food and cups of tea in bed.  I used a lot of my scraps and pre cut strips making two sewing machine mats and a sewing machine cover:


Finished off a few flower brooches for my craft stall next weekend

Then I got the paint out and turned this


Into this

So now I'm going back to work on Monday for a rest!!

8 comments:

  1. Good grief...yes, you best go to work for a rest...your hallway is looking lovely..and those fabric flowers are great..keep us informed on next weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing you're working , so that you DO get to rest...what a full weekend you had. I like your machine cover and mats...anything scrappy has my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I know what you mean about going back to work so you can rest. I think lots of us have been there at some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers, that is quite some hard work! The hall look lovely and fresh and as for your fab machine cover?- Just my scrappy style! Now put your feet up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My you were a busy bee. Love how you used your scraps. The flowers are delightful. And isn't it amazing what a coat of paint will do. Looks great! Enjoy your rest at work. You've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a good job there Jenny. Your hallway looks great. Like your machine cover and mats too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is my first visit to your blog and I simply love your flower brooches. I will visit again.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny, it,s cottonreel, I left you acomment and it disappeared. I love the stuff you are showing , the hall looks great too . i don,t like painting but love the finished effect ,

    Bluebell is my constant and reliable friend

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I promise to reply!