24 March 2010

BAGS FROM SCRAPS AND A GOOD BOOK


I made this clutch purse and the zipped bag some time ago as a Christmas present for a friend; I was quite pleased with the way they came out. I used some leftover 'tubes' from a trip around the world quilt, which were all less than 1" wide and when I'd sewn them all together I placed a pattern on the resulting fabric pieces. I really love these little projects to use up my scraps, though I've just bought the Scrap Quilt Sensation book by Katherine Guerrier, which is great (currently on sale at half price from Amazon) so will be trying to SAVE all my scraps for a much larger project!

10 comments:

  1. Love the clutch. Saw a similar pattern from kwiksew.com . I've been wanting to make one of those! You've just inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, Purse looks great...I would never be able to think of things like that...Youre very clever :) Hope that weather is improved now. Nice to see what you are up to again. I'll be back for another visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny these are so gorgeous!Love your colour use cheers Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super bags. Bring the book over when you come so we can have a look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely , very nice colours. I use to do the big craft fairs years ago , loved it , then all the cheap stuff came in from abroad , it was the end of anything sewn

    When my friend bluebell comes back from her week away there will be a photo of me in THE dress . The label is Femme and it was £79.99 marked down to £44.95 . It could be carried in my coat pocket and not show as much as a fold . Its just so,so

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comment .
    I love your stuff, it is gorgeous. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, the clutch looks very good. And all with scraps too. Did you use piping? Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely work Jenny...you're so so clever AND patient....
    hope John is feeling betterx

    ReplyDelete
  9. No crafty shops in sight, only the bead shop....was there for another reason that I cannot disclose at this moment (little secret) so just thought I'd make a post from it with Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are absolutely stunning. I love the colours, really incredibly attractive.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I promise to reply!