8 February 2010

CRAFT FAIR SELECTION



I've been obsessed with making little flowers just lately - they're nice to do while I have my feet up in front of the TV, or whatever.  What do you think of these?

On Friday evening I went over to Melbourne (village in Derbyshire, NOT Australia!) for a selection meeting for their forthcoming craft fair in the village hall.  It will be the very first 'proper' craft fair I've taken part in, so I wasn't at all sure what to expect.  I thought you just paid your money, took your table and tried to sell your stuff - no that's not how it works in Melbourne!

I was a little surprised that we were all expected to do a presentation from the front and show everyone else what we do.  Now for someone like me, who is usually the quiet, retiring type (until she has consumed at least two glasses of red wine anyway) this was a very scary prospect that I wasn't at all prepared for.  However, I did manage and I'm now waiting to hear whether I've been accepted...  Hopefully, the fact that I was the only person there who did patchwork and quilting might just be in my favour.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck. Though I'm sure you did just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Power to your elbow----cottonreel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your in there Jenny. I am sure you will be picked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely deserve to be in.... fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the craft fair ettiquette - I didn't think there'd be a selection panel! I'm sure you passed muster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh you are in the Flower Power Brigade too...hehehe...cute, cute, cute!!! Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny, hope you remember me... I sat next to you at that selection meeting having wandered around the wrong building beforehand?! I'm Lubeeloo Jewellery. Hope you got in to the show? You certainly deserved to, I think your work is lovely. To cut a long story short, I'll be there at the show - hope you are too.
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you presented those flowers , you're a shoo in. I really like them and can think of lots of uses....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I promise to reply!