Having acquired some really nice 'bargain' linen curtain and upholstery remnants, I've been busy turning them into something more interesting than curtains! I'm hoping they'll sell at the next craft fair in March, what do you think?
What have they done to the Blogger photo uploader since I was last here?! I thought I would share a couple of photos of what I've been doing. The Ohio Star quilt I'm sure I've posted before but it's finally completed, hand quilted and in use, so here it is. It's one of my favourite block patterns and I especially like the dullish colours I used in this one.
These two little postcard sized thingies are for an art sale we're having at School to help fund a World Challenge trip to Thailand. Not being arty, as such, I thought these would be something a bit different and I really had fun designing and putting them together. The only criteria for the entry was that it must be 6" x 4", so they didn't take too long either! They're selling all the donated pictures for £10 each so all we need now are a few buyers! Not too sure about the first one, it looks like it could use a little more of something...
The little flowers are Kanzashi flowers which are folded and either glued or sewn onto a base. I really love these little things and they're a great use for scrap fabrics as you can make them out of 1" squares and upwards. I started with 3" squares just to get the technique right, then worked my way downwards!