18 August 2009

Sewing Machine Cover Challenge


Having been toying with the idea of a sewing machine cover for some time I spotted the Sewing Machine Cover Challenge on Jenny's blog and decided to go for it. I've had a large amount of this 'Fancy Cats' collection of fabric in my stash for some time and didn't know what to do with it - purrfect for my cover I thought! I just love those cheeky cats grinning at me from the table. I found the cover quite simple to make, I just had to make sure I took the measurements down accurately so that it would be the exact size I needed. It seemed HUGE when I made it, but it covers the machine perfectly.
If you want to participate in the challenge and have the chance to win in the giveaway, you need to post a picture of your cover on your blog, then a link back to it in the comments section of Jenny's blog.

15 comments:

  1. It's puuurrrrfect, Jenny!!! Well done!!! You will inspire others to make covers for their machines now!! Your name is in the draw...good luck!
    Hugs
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha word verification for last post was chikin! Well, I thought it was funny considering we were discussing cats?? sorry, it's the heat..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello,
    love it, so creative the way you incorporated each layer.. funny too with the cats..sure it will perk up your machine,,,
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea. A lovely way to keep the dust off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute... and it has furbies all over :-)
    good luck!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great cover! The fabric with the cats are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the kitties!!!! They are soooo cute :)
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh wow I so looove the fabric you have used for your cover , very nice indeedy well done,cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice of fabric, and so nice and cheerful.....Cheers Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. your cover is very cute good luck in the draw hugs Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your machine cover looks terrific. Isn't it good to also use some of our stash.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that those cats have fish swimming over their heads! Great cover!
    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tecido maravilhoso e uma capa de máquina feliz!!
    liége

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I promise to reply!