1 June 2009

MY TIPS FOR AN EASIER LIFE!



Today's task is to share as few or as many everyday, little tips that you use to make your lives easier. You know- all those special tricks you might have to cook, clean, raise kids, work in the garden and on and on!
You can go to Kasey's blog for the rules
Here goes with my tips.
  1. I always make sure the dishwasher finishes its cycle when hubby is about to make his bedtime drink - he is then guaranteed to empty it (works for me anyway!)
  2. Forget dropping hints to get stuff done - this NEVER works with men or kids. If you want something done, just ASK straight out!
  3. Turn everything off at the plug, it saves a fortune in electricity over the course of a year.
  4. When cutting up fabrics for a quilt, cut a few extra strips and put them in labelled plastic bins ready for your next project.
  5. Wash fabrics as soon as you buy them, they are then ready to use when you need them and you don't finish up with a whole drawer full to wash at once.
  6. Save all your scraps of fabric, however small, in a box or bag. They can be used for numerous smaller projects.

Thats it for me.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny:

    Fellow sista here....I love your tips!

    I need to do the cutting it off at the plug idea. I noticed someone the other day talking about going one day without tv, computer etc. and I keep saying I will have to try this.....oh wait I know I will wait and try this when I am not going to be home!

    Happy FMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a terrible quilter, so I gave that up, but those tips re: the fabric make great sense. I will try turning off my appliances at the plug, if possible.
    Amen to not dropping hints. Direct orders work the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, that's where I'm going wrong, I shall ask from now on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropping hints NEVER works at my house either- I need to come right out and say what I want!!

    Have a great week!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Great tips! I do try to unplug at the end of the day. Our bill dropped by $20 the next month!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sneaky way to make sure that someone else empties the dishwasher. i love it!

    i may have to try your tick of washing fabrics when you buy them ~ what a great way to ensure they're ready for use when you're ready to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get that you have to ask if you need something done. I don't live with mind readers. Great list

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips - I wholeheartedly agree with the tip about asking straight out - mere suggestions or hints never work in my house either!

    :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some good tips there Jenny. I always ask straight out and it works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips. I always wash my fabrics as soon as I get home with them, saves wondering later if they have been washed. yes I do save all my scraps but always forget to use them.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I promise to reply!